The lighter side of things
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
When they say your hair is going to fall out they mean ALL your hair. Somehow I did not realize this until one day when I was playing with my arm hair. I've always had longish arm hair, and a lot of it, but it was blonde so you couldn't see it. And I have this habbit of pulling on it when I'm bored. But one day I realized that I could barely grab it because it was so short. And also so sparse. Arm hair all gone!! (It's on its way back now, darn.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The gas is neverending. Seriously, there are times when I feel like one of those balloons on the diaper commercial, except my pinhole is releasing gas instead of water. Luckily, mine is usually of the silent and non-deadly variety. Seriously, it's like my butt is just sighing for no reason. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm bordering on incontinence or anything, I'm just not airtight I guess. It's annoying and also weird. (And occasionally, the gas is evil and rivals my husband's. But his is still undefeated in our house.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I went running the other day, and when I had packed my workout clothes that morning I had grabbed a pair of capris that I bought in October for the 3-Day. I hadn't worn them for a while, but the last time I'd worn them they were still pretty clingy so I thought they'd be okay. They were kind of loose when I put them on but I decided to go try and run anyway.

Just an FYI: It's really hard to run when your pants are falling off. (And yes, I have purchased new workout pants so I will not moon the innocents anymore.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In a related note, you will know it's time to get new underwear when all of yours starts creeping up your but all the time. Or when it starts sagging a little in the back. Those two things seem to happen at the same time though, so just keep it in mind.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The other night I had a cupcake at a scrapbooking thing (gasp!), and I pretty much instantly became what we have dubbed "sugar drunk"...light headed, goofy, a little heart racing. And then I had a hot flash. My friends were greatly amused by it, and now they all know why I had the surgery because hoo, boy, getting sugar drunk is the reason behind why I DON'T eat 2 or 3 cupcakes at a time anymore. They should just be glad I didn't have a carb crash and pass out on them.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"You walk a lot faster now," said my husband as we hoofed it around Santa Barbara last weekend. "I don't have to slow down at all."

Damn straight.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I am trying to fatten up my husband so I can finally weigh less than him. Bastard keeps losing weight too since he's naturally eating healthier since we keep a lot less junk around the house and he eats a lot less drive through food. Oh, and he's almost cut out soda. Last time we checked, I was at 208 and he was at 202.

On the good side, my neck is positively wee compared to his, as are my wrists and fingers.

But my birthday wish for this year is still to weigh less than him. Fingers crossed! Only 2 1/2 weeks to make it happen!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer