I'm not as freaked out as I sound
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
One summer when I was in college, my mom, her partner JM and I embarked upon the only diet the three of us would do together in my entire life. After watching my mom do Weight Watchers and OptiFast and a few others, the three of us decided to do the infamous Cabbage Soup Diet for some reason. I think that we must have known someone who had done it and had tons of success with it.

We ate so much of that damn soup. And we were still hungry because really, cabbage soup is not the most satisfying thing, what with its lack of protein and all. Every night we would find ourselves anxious for our one meal of the day that wasn't soup. I remember going to the grocery story with JM to pick out the biggest potatoes we could possibly find for the baked potato night because we were so looking forward to them The need to just chew something was more than a little maddening, but damn if I didn't lose 7 pounds that week.

I've been thinking about that crazy week on the cabbage soup diet a lot the past couple days. I've been thinking about it because I started my pre-op diet yesterday and that means I'm not chewing a damn thing until dinner every night. The crazy thing is that I'm not hungry during the day, because the protein drinks are really pretty filling for me. But I miss the chewing, which is twice as dumb since I also have TMJ and chewing too much gives me headaches. Since I miss the chewing, I am glad for sugarless gum, because it keeps me occupied when I just want something to munch on.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Tomorrow is my pre-op class, which I've been told will last until from 11:15a to about 3:00p, after which I will need to go get the chest X-ray they kept telling me I don't need but they have suddenly decided to order for me. I'm going to be cultured, bled and admitted, and I'm going to spend hours absorbing all the information that they can throw at me. And then all there is left to do is wait for July 9th to hurry up and get here.

It's really real now.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In bridesmaid dress news, I ordered it tonight, only to be told that it may very well not get her until September 18th. For a wedding on September 23rd. Which I am flying out to on September 20th. So I'm putting a ton of faith in the bridal shop and have scheduled my alterations appointment for the 18th so I can pick the dress up on the 19th and have it on the plane with me on the 20th.

After much consultation with a group of friends and the trying on of roughly 30 gajillion dresses, I picked out and ordered this dress in Truffle, a color which the bride says was a-okay since I am the maid of honor and am fully allowed to look diferent from everyone else. It's a V-neck halter top, so I added a wrap to cover my arms (about which I have great anxiety) and voila, pretty dress! Pretty dress which I could maybe wear to a gala ball at some point later, if I suddenly become someone who regularly goes to gala balls.

I ordered it two sizes smaller, with the promise that they can take it in up to two more sizes if need be, so I think it'll be okay.

One less thing to freak out about, right?


2 Comments:

Blogger Danyele said...

B-eautiful dress! You're going to look so gorgeous..

Wow - so the countdown begins! 12 days to go.. :-D

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubba Hubba on the dress. I love it! So do you think I can inherit said dress after you are all svelt and skinny?

It is going to be here sooner than you know it. I am so excited for you.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer