Let's check out the headlines, shall we?
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Time for my occasional trip around the internet....

Wow. I'm never going to complain again about my six-month wait. As annoying as all the insurance hoops are, at least I know that it's a matter of months and not years that I'll have to wait. Add that to the fact that other hospitals are shipping their patients to the very city I live in and I feel incredibly lucky.

WTF?? While the wellness program is a nice idea, I don't think that any of those board members were really thinking about anything other than the money factor, and I'm sure that all of them neglected to compare the cost of the surgery with the current cost of his medical care (which would be drastically reduced post-op). Again, counting my blessings becaus A) I'm covered and B) I'll get paid for my time off.

This is kind of neat. My own surgeon is very aggressive about things like clot prevention etc for all his patients, but this would probably help surgeons get their patients better prepared physically so that their recoveries would go better. Of course, I'm sure the insurance companies would love to use it so they could start turning down the high-rick patients. Double edged sword right there.

So, what do you think?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer