Big to do
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
So I was looking at my calendar the other day and realized that hey, this week would be my sixth visit with my PCP since I started all these WLS appoinment shenanigans. And also, hey, I really need to try and make sure that I get the surgery done the week of July 9th in order to squeeze my disability time in the middle of everyone's vacations.

And that's how I found myself on the phone with Sarah, the very nice CNA who does all of the insurance and paperwork wrangling for Dr. M's office. I told her I had gone to see Dr. D, the shrink, and that she should be seeing his report by next week (and oh ho, how I can't WAIT to see that report because I had to complete an MMPI and I can't help but wonder how crazy I will turn out to be). Oh, and also, by the way, this week would be my 6th visit with Dr. F so what are the chances that we'll be able to apply soon? And should I send over my Weight Watchers records?

And Sarah said no, she just needed copies of Dr. F's notes from each visit and Dr. D's report and we'd be set. I had my consultation with Dr. M and his nutritionist, I've got my six months of medically supervised weight loss attempts, I've got my psych consult and my blood work and my PCP's authorization. I finally have everything, she said, and she would probably be able to send in the authorization request within the next couple weeks (as soon as she gets Dr. D's report). And then she told me that yeah, the second week of July sounds totally doable since my insurance usually replies in about a week (two at the max) and since they're a PPO with a flexible clinical policy bulletin about WLS, she doesn't see any reason they will turn me down.

I hung up the phone and did a little gleeful butt wiggle, then promptly cancelled my Weight Watchers Monthly Pass. Only then did I look at the calendar to see just how long I'd have to wait.

Did you know that the second week of July is only 6 1/2 weeks away? Neither did I, which is why I promptly FREAKED RIGHT THE FUCK OUT because crap on a cracker, that is not very long at all!! That is less than 2 months! That is only 46 days!! It's practically TOMORROW, for crying out loud!

So yeah, my now suddenly much more likely surgery date is right around the corner and I am both freaked the fuck out and excited as all hell. I have so much to do. I need to shop for clothes, I need to buy protein shakes, I need to exercise so much more than I have over the past couple of weeks. I need to drink the two bottles of wine on my fridge since I've decided to just not drink any more after the surgery (a topic for another day). I need to make pumpkin cookies because they won't be a Christmas staple for me anymore and they are the best cookies in all the world. I need to write an "in case I die" letter and get my husband set up with FDSL so he can stay home and take care of me and oh dear lord, I need to tell my boss I'm going to be out for 2-4 weeks because oops, haven't exaclty mentioned that to him yet.

I had no idea that this surgery was going to take as much planning and as many to do lists as getting married did.

Funny, I had this same weird feeling right before I walked down the aisle too. And since that marriage thing has worked out pretty well, I'm thinking this will too.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very exciting for you! And, also, the pumpkin cookies sound yummy!

Blogger Danyele said...

Oh it will work out beautifully! You've probably heard this before, but this is the BEST DECISION I EVER MADE (ok, besides making that second date with my dbf)!! My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner - really. Enjoy this time. Read everything you can get your hands on. Make your to-do lists and cross each thing off. Prepare yourself - you'll be happy that you did.

Sooooo excited for you! Can't wait to read about your journey!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you, too. My one piece of assvice is to not buy too many protein shakes, etc. that you will be eating after surgery because your taste buds somehow change. Things you think are very yummy will become gross and things that disgusted you will become better. It is some kind of crazy, but you don't want a closet full of stuff that you can't use.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer