Where's the Amazing Kreskin when you need him?
Monday, June 18, 2007
So it turns out that my insurance company is not so much of a Godzilla as it is a marshmallow creame puff, because not only did they approve me super fast, they even sent me a very nice letter that gave me permission to have it done any time between July 9th and December 31st. (But I will totally be doing it July 9th, don't you worry about THAT.)

When I spoke with Sarah last week, we started double checking with each other to make sure we had covered all our bases with each other.

"I sent you the info on the pre-op class, right?"
"Yep, got that. So I stop taking my birth control when I finish this pack this weekend, right?"
"Yep, and then you don't take it for a month after surgery."
"Okay, and I start the pre-op diet (which is amazingly similar to the post-op diet) two weeks beforehand, right?"
"Mmhmm. You have the info on that?"
"Yep."
"Sounds like we're settled then."
"Yep. All that's left is my freak-out, then we're good to go!"

And then we laughed because ha ha, I have "freaking out" on my to do list, aren't I funny!

Except dude, it's totally on my list. Actually, freaking out has its own list because there are a number of things I need to freak out about before the surgery. I figure if I just focus on freaking out about one thing a day between now and then I will be SUPER CALM when I go into the operating room.

Today I am freaking out about The Dress. And today's entry by Anne is like a peek into the future for me. Except with the added bonus of not having a dress made especially for me.

See, I am going to be my friend's maid of honor in September. September 23rd to be precise. And I am super excited to do so because A) I love weddings and B) my wedding is the only one I've been in so far and C) I love carrying around flower bouquets. And since my friend is AWESOME and wants all her bridesmaids to feel pretty she said "Pick out a dress from David's Bridal that you like in either Apple or Cinnamon and I will be happy." So yay!

Excpt for one little thing. David's says "Order your dress 6-8 weeks ahead of when you need it. And also leave time for tailoring, so really 10-12 weeks ahead of when you need it." So really, I need to order it by June 30th, because something tells me I will not be wanting to try on dresses the week before my surgery. Or the week after. So (ignoring the fact that they have no dresses with sleeves, which is just mean), I get to go try on a dress in a couple weeks and then guess what size I will be on September 23rd.

I have never in my life wished I had a crystal ball more than I do right now.

Today I am a size 24/26. In September I will be...a different size. A smaller size. A size I have not seen in 5 or 6 years. From everything I've read and everyone I've talked to, I'm guessing that in 2 1/2 months I'll lose somewhere between 45 and 60 pounds. And since I usually lose a size every 20 pounds, I'm guessing that I can order the dress 2 sizes smaller than I am right this second and then just tailor it from there. Hell, at this point I'm figuring the bride's mother might just be doing last minute tailoring for me once I get out to Providence.

Trying to convince the saleslady that it's really okay for me to order a dress two sizes smaller will be an interesting feat, I'm sure. They'll take one look at me and say "Honey, I don't think so." Luckily, I am getting more and more used to discussingmy upcoming WLS with just about anyone, so discussing it with a stranger in a bridal shop should be no problem.

At least with my currently black hair and pale skin, I'll look like Snow White in my pretty red dress.


1 Comments:

Blogger Danyele said...

YEA!!! I get to be the first to congratulate you on the BIG INSURANCE APPROVAL!!! I'm so excited for you.. wow - it's such a huge step when it's all happening. But the great part is..it just becomes your life and most days feel completely normal. I finally feel good in my body. You'll see. Sending you ((big hugs))

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer