Chicken broth is my new best friend
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Amazingly enough, my vision is back to normal today, which indicates to me that miracle of miracles my high blood pressure has resolved itself! And you want to know why?

Because last night I got to sleep in my own bed, on my side, with one of my kitties curled up on my feet. (Riley, the smaller, younger one has been seriously clingy since I got home. I think he missed me.) No matter how good a hospital is, there are just some things they can't offer.

Today I got to start "eating" clear liquid stuff...Jello, chicken broth, Popsicles, etc. I am very glad that we decided to splurge and buy a ton of this really good organic free-range chicken broth at Costco, because that shit is GOOD. It's like a liquid chicken, and since I've been craving savory flavors, it was the perfect lunch today.

Last night, I dreamt about booze. Other post-ops dream about food but I dream about giant mugs full of rum and coke. Figures.

In other non-typical patient news, today I went to the donut shop with my husband. Hey, it was time for a walk, he wanted some donuts, the donut shop is the perfect distance away from out house for a decent post-op walk so we went to the donut shop. And because I'd much rather have a plate of nachos than a donut right now, it was zero problem.

I keep thinking that this has been way too easy for me. I'm getting my energy back really quickly (although I did take a 2 hour nap today), I'm getting my water in no problem, I don't have any bad pain, and food cravings pass in a moment. If it's this easy, how can it possible work, you know?

And I know it's stupid to think that, but I can't help it. I just can't stop thinking that nothing this big should be this easy if it's going to work.

But I bet everyone thinks that, right?

Right?


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping it stays easy Mel! Happy Jell-o eating!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only time I ever voluntarily ate chicken broth, my jaw was wired shut and I couldn't actually get anything else (larger than that consistency) in my mouth. I wish someone had told me about Costco's! Sigh. I'm glad you love it.

Blogger Danyele said...

Yes - right. I sat around for the first 3 weeks thinking, "Did they even do anything to me?" ..alternating with self-depricating thoughts that it just wouldn't work for me.

Trust me - it works. You're gonna go through some heavy head trips during the first 2 months. Keep blogging, reading.. reaching out to other post-ops that can answer all of your questions and give you the support that you need. When you're going through it, it's nice knowing that you're NOT the ONLY ONE who has had these feelings. Take care and get lots of rest, ok?

Blogger Micehelly said...

I was the same way. I ate, drank, walked, slept and did everything normally with no problems. If not for the one area of pain in my side where the big drain was, I wouldn't have believed he did anything to me. Take it easy and enjoy the easy time you are having, it makes the head games a little easier to deal with, I think, because the body is taking care of itself.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer