A better frame of mind today
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Waffle Report:
Dude, this pre-op diet has changed my appetite in a major way. I ate half a Belgian waffle, 2 strawberries, half a sausage patty and like 6 bites of scrambled eggs. And I was stuffed! Six months ago the whole plate would have been emptied. But it was tasty, and it was finished by 9 so my insides get almost 24 hours before the surgery to empty itself out.

In Other News:
I was obsessed yesterday with getting the apartment straightened and cleaned up, and then I was obsessed with getting my car cleaned out and washed. So we cleaned and washed and vacuumed and everything's done. I told my husband (Kevin) last night that I wasn't sure if the obsession came from me wanting things cleaned up just in case I die or if it came from me wanting to have everything clean and organized for my new fresh start that starts tomorrow. We decided it was the latter, since I did he same thing before the wedding, and again right before I went back to work after my wrist-mandated disability time.

After breakfast we ran a few errands..Bed Bath & Beyond for a Magic Bullet and a third place setting of our fine china (we only got two sets when we got married and I really want us to have at least 8 sets...hooray for those 20% off coupons I keep getting!), then Costco for Kevin food (the man doesn't cook, so he gets microwaved food for a couple weeks) and Propel and chicken broth and bottled water (Kevin drinks it too, so it'll disappear even if I hate it). Oh, and vitamins. And tampons, which came in a big enough box that I probably won't need to buy them again this year.

Then I came home and packed (robe, slippers, comfy PJs for the ride home, Chapstick, a book, a brush, and socks), and I think I will go take a nap before I make dinner for Kevin. We're bowling tonight, my last night for at least month, and then I get to come home and take a Hibiclens shower tonight and tomorrow morning. The Hibiclens thing is a little annoying but considering that I am A) allergic to sulfa, which is what works best on MRSA and B) had to battle a MRSA infection a couple of years ago, I have no problem doing anything that will help prevent me from going through that again. (And woohoo, my MRSA cultures came back negative last week so I won't have to go through contact isolation!)

To Sum Up:
I'm all packed up, I've got my Propel and chicken broth and Jello and sugar free popsicles and even a Magic Bullet. Let's do this thing!


8 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Hey there! Good luck with your surgery... remember, it's just the beginning! :)

Blogger bozoette said...

I know you won't read this before your surgery, but I want you to know that I'm thinking about you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well, and I hope you can update soon! Love and hugs!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well-wishes to you, and I'll be thinking good thoughts.

Blogger Vanessa said...

I hope all has gone well and you're feeling pretty good! Keep us posted.

Blogger Danyele said...

Thinking of you and hoping that all is well with you and that you're enjoying that morphine pump!

Blogger Micehelly said...

I hope all went well and look forward to an update.

Blogger Incredible Me said...

Hope everyting goes wonderfully well, that you heal up nice and quick, and you are home before you know it.

Good Luck!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer