How may minutes in 34 hours?
Saturday, July 07, 2007
I have spent the last 3 days dealing with car problems and in-laws, and I am perilously close to a nervous breakdown. But I am only 34 hours away from when I am supposed to check into the hospital.

I think it did not really seem real until Friday, when my boss hugged me goodbye at the end of the day. Hugged me! The only other time he has ever hugged me was at my wedding. Everyone was wishing me well last week, telling me they'd keep me in their prayers and asking me to have my husband call or email them and let them know things went well. And most of them don't even know what kind of surgery I'm having; I told about 10 of my closest coworkers about it, but I told my boss I was having some preventative maintenance done; I think he figures I'm either having plastic surgery or I have "female problems" (which would explain why I'm still not pregnant after being married for more than a year).

I've been spending hours lurking on Obesity Help, reading message boards and profiles. If I'm not there, then I'm lurking on blogs of people who had the surgery, reading and re-reading about their experiences right after the surgery. I still need to pack for the hospital and run to Costco to stock up on Propel and bottled water and chicken broth. The house is clean and the car is fixed and tonight I'm going to wash my little Civic so it'll be clean when I get home.

I am so, so lucky; my surgeon does not require a bowel cleanse, just a two week mostly liquid diet. So tomorrow I get to "enjoy a regular breakfast" (I am totally having waffles at Brians) and then liquids for the rest of the day. I much prefer that over super poopin'.

Anyway, I'm finally starting to freak out a tiny bit. Luckily I am so tired from the last few days I should be able to sleep through most of the next 34 hours.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously - don't stock up on too much of anything. You'll be surprised at what you love pre-surgery (water) that you hate after (water).

I am jealous of your doctor because a bowel cleanse - I can't even put in words how much it sucks.

Good luck!

Blogger Danyele said...

I agree completely - don't buy Costco size quantities of anything.

Propel is pretty good stuff though - I still have trouble with plain water. No idea why, but it's hard to get down.

Enjoy those waffles!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer