In which I know more than my doctor
Saturday, July 14, 2007
So I was going to get up this morning and write a whole entry about how oh my god, no one told me that insomnia would be a side effect of the surgery! And now I can't sleep! And it sucks! Because I am tired!

But then I remembered the stupid clonidine patch. And figured that maybe, just maybe that fucker was doing something to cause me this insomnia because you know, I was able to get comfortable this morning at 4:30 but still wasn't able to fall asleep until 5:30. Hell, I'm even sleeping on my stomach again, and this morning I felt like I'd only done 50 sit ups instead of 10 million. So it's not pain or discomfort keeping me awake.

And after last night's 100/67 blood pressure (I am borrowing my mom's home check one), we had already decided that the patch needed to come off if it was still that low today (normal for me is 125/78), because I was feeling oddly worn out yesterday...tired but couldn't nap, low energy, etc. So I check it this morning...97/63! AND! I looked up side effects of clonidine..dry mouth (got it), insomnia (got it), restlessness (got it), and fatigue (got it). Oh, you mean I'm sensitive to the drug? Maybe that's because I DIDN'T NEED IT. Man, I cannot wait to tell Dr. Mueller about this little adventure.

Needless to say, the patch is now off. Here's hoping it leaves my system fast enough for me to get a good night's sleep tonight.

In other news, I bought myself presents since I was up at 7:30 on a Saturday morning.

First: a ticket to San Francisco in October, because Southwest is having an insane sale and the ticket was under $100. And that is a good enough excuse for me to go to San Francisco on a whim.

Second: Since my surgeon's office (and a few other people) strongly recommended I get a medical ID bracelet, I bought myself this; it'll match everything I wear and actually be pretty...and potentially save my life, so awesome! Functional jewelry!

And now I'm going to go have a Popsicle for breakfast. Kids everywhere are jealous of me.


3 Comments:

Blogger bozoette said...

I think I could live on Popsicles very easily. Especially cherry or blue raspberry ones. And yeah! Cottage! Cabana! Chalet! Woo!

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on having made it through and home with minimal pain and problems. Full points!

*S*

Blogger Danyele said...

Yea - you're coming out to SF in October? I'd love to meet up for lunch or coffee or something while you're here, if you're able.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer