Back in the game
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Good gravy, I can't believe it's been so long since I posted here. Well, actually, I totally can.

Here's the thing. Six days after my last entry, I fell down and broke my wrist and had to have surgery on it and basically spent the rest of 2006 sitting on my ass. So now I weigh 10 pounds more than my highest weight, which means that I am seriously fat. (Whereas before I was apparently only laughingly fat?)

Anyhoo, I'm plodding along the path to surgery approval. I'm pushing back my expected surgery date to July because of the rather large chunk of disability time that I had to take thanks to the whole wrist debacle and also thanks to insurance requrements.

I went back to Weight Watchers and I'll be doing that for at least 6 months to meet the diet portion of the requirement. And I'll be seeing my doctor every three weeks to talk about how it's going and build up my chart etc, etc. Turns out I also need to be keeping notes on my exercise levels, which (as I told my husband) means that I either need to get my ass moving or start lying. It's just as well though because damn, I am out of shape. My surgeon's office has been awesome about making sure we were following all the right steps, so that's been reassuring. I finally got to meet Dr. M in December and he is awesome. He told me I'm pretty much a perfect candidate for the surgery...no medical problems, young, and motivated.

I've started sharing my plans with more and more people and I still have had nothing but support for it. I gave up soda last week, since I'm going to have to stop drinking it after the surgery anyway. Haven't been able to kick the caffeine yet, but that will come eventually.

There's a part of me that just cannot WAIT to get on with it and have the surgery right now; July seems so far away. But at the same time, I know that time flies and I really need to take advantage of this opportunity to get into the right frame of mind beforehand.


1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I'm so behind with keeping up! I hope your wrist is healing nicely and that you are well. I gave up soda 3 months before surgery, and truthfully I tried some right before surgery. It tasted like crap, so I don't miss it at al!

You go girl! You will be on the other side in no time!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer