The other side
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
I told my husband that my goal weight will probably be around 150 pounds, to which he responded "Wow, I'll be able to pick you up no problem."

To which I of course responded "Cool, will you give me piggy back rides everywhere we go then?"

Because dude, if one of the byproducts of the surgery is being able to be carried around by my husband when I'm feeling lazy then far be it from me to snub my nose at it.

Six other things I will do when I'm skinny:
1) Cross my legs. All the time, possibly even while walking.
2) Buy lots of pairs of knee high boots, some with scary hooker heels. Watch my husband panic when I wear them because he'll be afraid I will fall.
3) Learn how to run correctly so I no longer look like a flailing giraffe when I do so.
4) Sit on my husband's lap. And also wear his shirts as sleep shirts.
5) Go to the beach. Take coverup off and not care who sees.
6) Borrow my best friend's clothes. Possible "forget" to give them back.

Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be letting myself think about things I'm going to do when I'm skinny or clothes I want to wear when my ass is half the size it is now. I feel guilty thinking about that side of it, like I'm not supposed to be daydreaming about what I'll look like because I'm not doing this for my looks, I'm doing this for my health.

But I can't help it. Regardless of why I'm doing this the fact of the matter is that I'll end up skinnier than I've ever been, and that opens up a whole new world of options for me when it comes to appearance. Right now, I can't wear turtlenecks because they make my face look fat, so never mind the fact that I love how a black turtlenec with jeans and black boots looks. My calves are ginormous so it does not matter a whit how badly I might want a pair of knee high boots because none of them will fit. I can't wear tank tops for fear of flying away on the wings of my flappy arms. Bathing suit choices are limited to my choice of Boring or Old-Lady styles. When I'm cold, my husband's coat can't keep me warm because it doesn't fit around me.

But that's all going to change, so I daydream. I look in catalogs and on the internet and wander through malls picking out outfits. I wriggle in glee when I realize that I won't have to worry about finding shoes that are both wide and cute.

It's exciting, this planning for the other side. I just hope the fall lines aren't all fugly.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this gargantuan mall you can shop at! Just giving you something to look forward to...no guilt allowed.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only problem is the skin. That's mostly what's keeping me from daydreaming about the clothes. So what I daydream about instead is all the plastic surgery I'm going to get. That is slightly less fun.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer