A good way to start the week
Monday, July 16, 2007
I've always joked that my husband and I are essentially 12 years old. We enjoy a good joke about just about any bodily function, and our minds are constantly in the gutter. Before the surgery, I used to be the belching champion in our house and every time I let loose with with an especially loud one, Kevin would laugh. I have never had to pretend like girls don't fart or poop or otherwise behave like a normal human being.

And I am so very, very glad of this because whoa nelly! The gas that happens after the surgery! And you know, if I don't let it out when it hits, I feel a little bit like dying because ouch. The farting has been a constant source of amusement for my husband and I, and for that reason, I feel blessed. Every day this week I've thanked the universe that I am not one of those women who has never farted in front of her husband before because I have HAD to let some go around Kevin this week. I do not know how those women survive after the surgery, you know? Big props to them.

So other than gas, life is pretty good. my blood pressure was finally back to normal this morning, and I got to sleep more than 4 hours last night. And I got to eat Cream of Rice this morning and oh, it was tasty. I added some Splenda and cinnamon, then sprayed a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray on my serving and it was like eating rice pudding. So tasty! And hooray, I'm out of my 45 calorie a day zone!

But hey, I did my one week weigh in and holy moly! In one week, I've lost 13 pounds according to my home scale! So I guess it can work even if it is going so easily.

Of course, I am still reserving the right to completely and utterly freak out sometime in the next few months.


1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Melinda, welcome to the ring!!

I hear you on the gas...Flagyl is my best friend now! It depends of course on what I eat but some days...whoa

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer